Saturday, December 1, 2012

Life in the City!

Hello, friends!

 I recently went back to Texas, where I would tell people stories, and they would respond with: "elise! why don't you tell me these things?"

often, I forget about certain things. therefore, i'm going to start writing some stories about new york stories: the big things, the little things. the elevator conversations with billy ray cyrus, when you see SNL cast members grocery shopping, when someone sings otis redding on the subway, or when homeless men ask for a hug instead of money [if they find you attractive].



today, I'm thankful for the little things in new york: my favorite doorman charles, the halal guy that calls me his wife (and makes amazing chicken), my favorite cup of hazelnut coffee, and late-night talks about theology with my roommate.

last night we set up the Christmas tree at work. it makes NYC feel a little more like home during the holidays! :) 


today, i'm home sick from work (we had a visit weekend this weekend). my boss sent me home and told me to stay home and watch college football all day. now that's a great boss! 

happy saturday!

E


No comments:

Post a Comment